We collect the minimum amount of information about you that is commensurate with providing you with a satisfactory service. We are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of everyone we interact with, whether that is general population, partners, or staff members. This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding any personal information and how we will treat it.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a regulation by which the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union and the European Commission intend to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union (EU). This policy is in line with GDPR.
Any questions regarding this policy or our privacy practices should be addressed to the data controller. For the purpose of the GDPR the data controller is the ICTC Project Manager. They can be contacted via the Contact Form on our website.
What information we collect about you
We may collect any or all of the information that you give us depending on the type of communications you enter into with ICTC.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website (http://www.trachomacoalition.org/) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, post or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you become an ICTC member, observer or focal point, register to use our website, subscribe to our newsletters and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description or photograph. Other information that may be needed from time to time to process a request may also be collected as indicated on the web site.
All photo images used by ICTC will be with permission from the copyright holder where appropriate and shall only be used for the purpose intended.
We use the information collected primarily to process the task for which you visited the web site. Data collected in the UK is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act. All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access to this information.
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a site or page. The cookie will help the website, or another website, to recognise your device the next time you visit.
Using cookies helps us to provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You have the ability to prevent your computer from accepting cookies but, if you do, certain functionality on the website may be impaired. Information on how to manage cookies within your browser can be found below.
Managing your browser cookies
We do not disclose any personal information obtained about you from this web site to third parties for commercial purposes. However, we may use the information to keep in contact with you and inform you of developments associated with our activities. You will be given the opportunity to remove yourself from any mailing list or similar device. If at any time in the future we should wish to disclose information collected on this web site to any third party, it would only be with your knowledge and consent.
Legal basis for processing your information
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include “legitimate interests”. We may process your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests provided that such processing shall not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact our Data Controller.
How long we will keep your information
ICTC will hold personal data for no longer than necessary for the task being performed.
Your rights regarding your own personal information
The GDPR gives any European Union resident the following rights regarding their own personal information as follows:
- The right to be informed. This right is met by the presence and application of this policy.
- The right to access your own data. You have the right to access information held about you. An access request will be carried out free of charge unless there are substantial costs to meet your request, in which case you may be charged £10 so we that can facilitate providing you with the information we hold about you. All requests will be answered within thirty (30) calendar days. Please note that we will keep a record of your communications with us to help resolve any issues you raise.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to ask for any information held about you to be corrected or updated if it is inaccurate.
- The right to erasure. Where we have gained consent to process your information you may withdraw it anytime at which point we will delete any information held about you.
- The right to restrict or object to processing (using) your data. Where we have gained consent to process your information for marketing purposes you have the right to ask us to stop. We will usually inform you when we collect your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. If we are processing your information because we deem it necessary for our legitimate interests to do so, and you do not agree, you have the right to object.
Changes to this policy
 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) https://publications.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/3e485e15-11bd-11e6-ba9a-01aa75ed71a1/language-en