ICTC efforts to eliminate trachoma are aligned with the WHO GET2020 Alliance's 2016 plan of action Eliminating Trachoma: Accelerating Towards 2020, which outlines what needs to be done to scale up programs and strengthen health systems to achieve the global elimination of trachoma by the year 2020.
This builds on earlier action plans: The end in sight: 2020 INSight, ICTC's 2011 trachoma elimination roadmap, and WHO's 2011 Accelerating work to overcome the global impact of neglected tropical diseases - a roadmap for implementation, a comprehensive plan of control, elimination and eradication targets for 17 NTDs to be reached between 2012-2020.
- The GET2020 Alliance updated its epidemiology data in May 2020, Get the latest figures here
- View and download Eliminating trachoma: accelerating towards 2020 (published in 2016) in PDF. Available in English, French, Spanish or Portuguese
- Read our #Endtrachoma: the time is now infographic
Other related documents:
- Download The end in sight: 2020 INSight in English or French
- Read Accelerating work to overcome the global impact of neglected tropical diseases - a roadmap for implementation
- Read a draft of Ending the neglect to attain the Sustainable Development Goals: A road map for neglected tropical diseases 2021-2030